11.17.2009

making progress


I feel like I am finally making some progress on my present making. Yesterday I completed one of the many scarves that I have been working on. This one is going to my boyfriend's father. I did a faggot stitch with size 15 knitting needles with yellow and white yarn. It is a shorter scarf then what I would like to make, but it was requested to make it short. I really like this stitch. It is a nice open and elegant stitch. It was fun learning this new stitch also.

Tomorrow I need to get close to finishing my grey and red scarf. I asked my sister around how wide I should make it, so now I know. Also, I got the okay on the length of it. That's good because otherwise I would need to pull it all apart and start over again if it was too long.

I finished making dishcloths until the rest of my projects are completed. I have seven of them done. I just need to weave in the ends and then I can say that I am finished with them. I think that will be the very last thing that I'll do before I wrap them up for Christmas. My mother gave me a new pattern that she wants for dishcloths. It is pretty much what I do now but there is a center square that has a different type of stitch in it that I don't know how to do yet. I told her that it'll be a while until I get to learning how to do it.

Today is going to be a fun day filled with work at both Younkers and at Micon. I really hope that I can get out of Micon at a decent time. I know I am their closing usher but sometimes it is nice to get to bed before midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment