6.06.2010

My Future, is looking warm

I've decided that once I get my sewing machine, I want to learn how to quilt. I don't think that I would make blankets right away. I really don't have the space for it. I think I would start with something smaller like place mats and baby blankets. I found this website that I think is pretty useful for my future endeavor. I know that it won't be easy to start quilting right away, that's why I'm going to start with smaller projects until I feel comfortable with them.

This past Friday my little brother graduated from High School. I am very proud of my baby brother. I went to his ceremony and was stuck sitting in a gym full of over 400 sweaty people and no air conditioning. I felt like I was wearing a John the Baptist jumpsuit of wool.  I should have sat in the auditorium where there was air and seats with backs. It was nice to be able to watch the full ceremony. The 300+ students walking in two single file lines that took about 20 minutes for them to all be in the gym for the ceremony to begin.

The Chippewa Valley Air Show is this weekend. Today is the last day of it. The planes fly right over my parents house, even for their practice. It is really cool to be able to see/hear them. This is a picture of the FA-18's/ Blue Angels. They are always a nice draw for the show. With the air show I am able to go out the the field behind my parents house and watch a good deal of the show, they live about five or so miles away from the airport. I wish I was able to see the show this year, but I am stuck working for the full weekend. I was able to watch a little of the practice time on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment