5.09.2010

What a busy day

This evening was a pretty busy one at home. I planted all of my "children." I thought that I would be save getting them out tonight. Guess wrong. It is going to be pretty cold tonight like it has been for far this month. So once I was finished planting them I had to cover them with sheets. I just hope that it is enough to get them through the night. I had over 30 bean plants to put in. I also had nine squash plants and five tomato plants to put in. In a week or so, month tops, I need to get the tomato cages for them. For Mother's day my older sister and I got our mother one of those upside planters. So I am going to see what grows better the ones that are in the ground or the upside down one.

Soon my peppers will join the rest of the kids outside. I'm guessing there is just about one more month until I can put them out. They are still little guys.

**There will be pictures of my garden soon. If tomorrow is nice I will get a few shots of it then.
When I was done planting, I fixed one of my cardigans that got "ruined" in the wash. A few of the buttons came off the one time I washed it. It has taken me about five months to get around to fixing it. I decided that I needed to put fun buttons on it since it is just a plain grey sweater.

I was reading a blog that I stumbled upon the other day, that was about repurposing/altering children's clothing. I got inspired to do that to a bunch of my clothes. I have decided that for my birthday I want a sewing machine and some new tennis shoes, Reebok Easy Tones to be exact. I have a few months until then, five, so there is plenty of time for people to start getting funds together for these two gifts.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment